We all know that I'm a makeup junkie. I've gotten far better and only travel with one makeup palette these days, so I'm not really THAT bad anymore... am I?
Either way, summer is my favorite time for a number of reasons:
- I love hot weather
- I love going to the beach
- I love that I can get away with wearing less all in the name of staying cool
While the summertime is my time to shine, it isn't really compatible with a full face. With time, I've found my arsenal of products that keep me cute while allowing my skin to breathe in all this southern heat!
- Aloe + Rosewater Hydrating Mist by Motherland Essentials- I use this first thing in the morning to spritz my face, throughout the day to give my skin a cool drink, and even to make sure that my makeup stays in place! This Charleston-based brand is my go-to for the majority of my skincare needs, so I was happy to see this product added to their lineup just in time for summer '18!
- Forever Brows by BK Beauty Cosmetics- This little pot of brow pomade works miracles any time of year! I took a dip in the ocean a few weeks ago, and my eyebrows were still there when I came out. My brows don't smudge AT ALL, so it's even more amazing to note that the product removes easily with an oil-based makeup remover (check this post for my favorite cleansing products). The BONUS, though? The product comes with an angled brush so you have no excuse for NOT sculpting those brows like your life depends on it.
- GLO Illuminator by Manna Kadar Beauty- This highlight is buildable, so you can be as subtle or as extra as you want to be in the summertime streets. It has a slightly rosy tint to it, which balances out well to give my skin an extra hint of warmth. I wonder what it'll do for you? (Maybe you should buy some and tag me in the pics...)
- Clean Matte BB Cream by Covergirl- This particular formula is for oily skin, so you'll want to be sure that you're purchasing the right formulation of BB cream for your skin type. BB creams are the best for summer because they're going to be lighter and more breathable that a foundation. I only use an amount about half the size of my pinky nail, and it blends my whole face. You know what's great about that? I'm not as worried about my face rubbing off on someones shirt if I give them a hug! I use a primer underneath that has SPF, but you can also find BB creams with the SPF included and knock two things off the list in one go.
- Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer by Fenty Beauty- Smells good, isn't sticky, lasts a long time...what boxes do you need to check before purchasing? It looks good on EVERYONE and compliments any makeup look you can think of. And since were going light on everything this summer, Gloss Bomb is going to be the perfect gloss to keep in your purse so you're ready to serve lucious-lipped realness at any moment.
- Less is more is the rule of thumb when it comes to all of these products. I've been getting my money's worth, and the amount of usage I get with each purchase pays off. With other products I may have to repurchase 2-3 times to get the same worth.
- You don't need a million products. This is 5 ITEMS. Use these and a little liner and you're done. You can spring for the eyeshadow if you're feeling kind of fancy (see the cover pic of this post).
- Do NOT get caught out here with your face melting off. I will find you, and I will question you about it.